Both kids have a 2 hour delay this morning due to the cold (it's 1 degree out!), so I have a little extra time this morning.
We met with realtors this weekend to talk about selling our house. We have enough equity now to be able to move up to a larger house. It's just too cramped in here. So, assuming the list price is not too low, we plan on putting the house on the market in March. Yikes. There's a lot of decluttering to do. Luckily my parents offered to let us store things in their garage, so that will help a lot. We need to remove a lot of stuff from this house to make it look bigger. As my friend said, it's all smoke and mirrors. :)
It's hard to not get pulled in looking at houses, which I probably shouldn't be doing too much of yet. But I'm already dreaming, of course. I really like this one, but it's a little higher than I want to pay and Sean thinks it looks too small. But it's got character! There are a couple of others we kind of like, but I guess the market should pick up in March (which is why we're aiming to put ours on the market then). Keep your fingers crossed! It's going to be a busy spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! That house looks GREAT! Cape Cods are fun, too, because you can always put in dormers (uh... we own a Cape Cod and that's what we're doing to increase our space). Four bedrooms leaves you room for another baby... ;)
Do you know what yours should go for? When we started the paperwork for our Home Equity loan, they did an appraisal and it was fun to see that our house is worth over $70K more than it was when we bought it six years ago! I think you can't go wrong with buying real estate...
Post a Comment