Reading frenzy...
Sean keeps laughing at me, but over the holiday break I just couldn't tear myself away from books. Part of it was that I didn't feel well enough to do anything else if I didn't have to, but I've also been reading some good books lately.
My favorite series so far is the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Seems I've gotten my sister, Carol, hooked, too. :) It's historical fiction and a romance, and time travel - which sounds a little strange, but is an excellent series. Huge books, but they go fast. I just read yesterday on Diana's webpage that there will be another book. Yay!
However, what I just finished (in 4 days) was Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati. Another historical fiction that's hard to put down. I had previously read numbers 2 and 3 in the series, but hadn't read number 1, so now I need to re-read 2 and 3 before I read 4, which I got for xmas. I finished it last night and went to find number 2 (Dawn on a Distant Shore) and couldn't find it anywhere. Sean helped me look, but with no luck (again, he was laughing me at my insistance that I start reading it right away). I realized during lunch at work today that I could read the first 2 chapters on Amazon, so I did that. Am I sick or what? ;) Anyway, I think I'll just have to buy it at Barnes & Noble tonight if I can't find it. I really want to read them in order!
The other series I've just discovered is the Earth Children series by Jean Auel. I'm probably the last person on earth to read these, but anyway, they're fun. I'm missing number 2 of that series, too - what's up with that!
Anyway, I guess it's obvious that I like historical fiction with strong women characters. Any suggestions to add to my obsession?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
:-) Sounds fun
Birth House, Ami McKay
The River Midnight
Red Tent
Post a Comment