Boy, am I wiped! Alex and I arrived at Old Main lawn at 9:00 this morning, and didn't sit down until we got back to my parents' house (where we parked) around 3. We basically served as a human fence to try to keep people from getting in earlier than they were supposed to (actually, they weren't supposed to get in that way at all at first, but plans changed when the line wasn't going down fast enough). It's interesting being a human fence - people for the most part really think you have some authority when you wear a badge, but I also got some people telling me how the whole event could have been organized better (like I had any say in it!). In the end, we got to go into the VIP area, which was right next to the stage (no fence between us and Obama), which was pretty cool. Especially when you consider that the general admission line went from College & Allen, down to Burrowes, up to Rec Hall, and over past the Creamery (basically one big loop around the entire campus). We didn't get to shake his hand - there were just too many people trying to get to him and I gave up.
Here are some pics - me, Alex and a friend's daughter as a human fence, and one of Barack.



No comments:
Post a Comment