Friday, April 25, 2008

My personality and interest results

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm taking a career webinar, and as part of that we have taken a few assessments. Here are the results:

Myers-Briggs (personality)

I'm an ENTJ - Extraversion, Intuition, Thinking, Judging. I mostly agree with this, although I think I'm a weak extravert. I do get my energy from being around other people, but I also really enjoy my alone time. The only thing I even scored moderately on (strength of my responses) was Intuition. The others were just slight. With my ENTJ personality, the MBTI says that I prefer organizing resources, including people, to achieve lofty goals, communicating a vision for the future, preparing a systematic plan to achieve the vision, solving system-level problems, and making the tough decisions needed to move forward. I think this is pretty accurate. When I'm involved with activities at this level is when I feel most alive and energized at work.

Strong Interest Inventory

My top three themes are Investigative, Social, and Artistic, although if you look at the further break down, the types of jobs that I scored 50% or above on were:
  • Medical Science (Investigative theme)
  • Research (I)
  • Science (I)
  • Counseling & Helping (Social)
  • Social Sciences (S)
  • Healthcare services (S)
  • Religion and spirituality (S)
  • Human Resources & Training (S)
  • Performing Arts (Artistic)
  • Writing & Mass Communication (A)
  • Politics & Public Speaking (Enterprising theme)
  • Management (E)
  • Programming and Information systems (Conventional Theme)
They then go on to rate my top ten strong occupations. If I compare this with the results of the Myers Briggs, top jobs would be:

  • Psychologist
  • University Professor
  • Counselor
  • Physician
  • Artist
  • Librarian
At this point it's all just something to think about.

No comments: