Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Well, swimming's now over for Kate, too. She seems to be going through a "I don't want to participate in anything" phase, so it's not worth arguing about it. She reluctantly got in the water last night but then refused to do anything, and I finally had to literally pull her away from the pool because she was refusing to go with her class and the teacher couldn't stay with her to watch her. She definitely has an independent, stubborn streak (hmm...wonder where she gets that?), and I'll just have to keep reminding myself that it will serve her well in life.

In other Kate news, she had some cavities filled last week - 5, to be exact! Ugh - her mouth is going to cost us a fortune. She just seems to have soft teeth, so we'll have to continue our diligence in brushing and also cut back even more on sweets. Poor kiddo. She did very well, and they only had to give her nitrous oxide and novocain. Her biggest complaint was hunger (she couldn't eat anything that morning) and the numbness.

School continues to go well for her. We had our first parent/teacher conference on Thursday and they said she's a joy to have in the classroom. She's learning a lot, too, and comes home with new songs every day. We learned who the offending child is who is teaching her "Go Penn State!" LOL. She got to use her cheering at the homecoming parade on Friday, where just about every float yelled out to us "We are....Penn State!" The cutest was a little girl, around Kate's age, who yelled it out from a firetruck. Uncle Matt was in the parade, too, as part of the alumni blue band.

1 comment:

Abby said...

LOL - I know - definitely a stinker. I told my mom about it and she said, "that reminds me of someone I know!" Me, of course. I hated swimming lessons and fought going and participating. The strange thing is, Kate loved swimming lessons last time - participated in everything with great enthusiasm. I hope Kate will be like Jamie and others with no more cavities once her adult teeth come in.