Tuesday, January 22, 2008

General update

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd just do a general update.

We're making out way through winter. It's been a cold week - in the teens and 20's - but overall the winter hasn't been bad. Of course we haven't hit February, so there's plenty of time for a few blizzards.

Alex is keeping busy with 2 youth groups, guitar, his social life (mostly through texting, but IRL stuff, too), and school. He hasn't complained at all about walking home in this cold weather. We give him a ride to school in the morning on our way in. He's very committed to his goal of becoming a rock star. :)

Kate's taking swimming lessons (and loving it) at the YMCA right now - Tuesday and Thursday nights. She's also doing gymnastics on Saturday, and tends to have some other social activity each weekend - play dates with friends or birthday parties.

Sean's busy with CAPS work, private practice, and Central Psych Association stuff (he'll soon be president), and also is writing a book chapter. Since we all joined the Y, he also is spending time there on the treadmill and lifting weights.

And I'm still keeping busy at work, doing Pilates at the Y, aerobics on campus during lunch, teaching Kate's UU class, and serving on the RE committee. The UU class is a bit challenging - Kate does not like having to share her Mommy with other kids, and that makes teaching a little difficult.

The house is starting to get under control. Plumbing is fixed (it was high water pressure), and we have a call out to have someone come in and assess the damage. We're also having our radon system fixed (the fan stopped running). The computer is working again.

We also had to take the new car in to the dealership for a couple minor problems we found: condensation in the headlights and part of the 3rd row seat wouldn't flip down. They're going to fix it all next Monday for free, and apologized profusely for not having caught it earlier. Gas mileage hasn't been as good as I hoped, but considering we've barely taken it above 60 mph since we bought it, on most days we don't go above 30 mph, and with this cold weather we've been starting it 10-15 minutes before leaving - I guess that's to be expected. I think it will soon be time for a road trip in the new van!

No comments: