Is it Monday already?
This weekend flew by, probably because we were so busy:
Friday night - Bead party at my friend Ann Marie's house. I made a necklace that I think I like - I'm too picky with these things and so it may take time for me to decide I really like it.
Saturday - The old car wouldn't start in the morning for Sean to take it to a meeting. He worked for a while trying to jump it with no luck. I eventually drove him to the meeting and then picked up Kate's friend to take both of them to Kate's gymnastics class (it was "bring a friend" day). They had a great time in class, and then we all went to McDonald's. I got back home and found that Sean was able to get the car started (he thinks it was just too cold in the morning). I hopped back in the car with Alex to take him to his step-brother/sister's house. It's normally about a 45 minute drive there, but I decided to try a new route which ended up taking 20 minutes longer (oops). The good news about this long trip was that I was able to determine that we get MUCH better gas mileage in the new car with highway driving - just about double what we're getting in town. On my way back in town, I stopped at Michael's to get more clay for Kate's RE class on Sunday. Then I had some peace and quiet for a little while - Sean had taken Kate to Fun Unleashed while I was gone and she spent two ear-splitting hours there with 2 other friends.
Sunday - Off to the UU first thing to teach Kate's RE class (K-2nd grade). We're studying Hinduism and the lesson was on Diwali. Right before class I realized that the clay I bought to make the diyas (candle holders) had a big warning on it saying to keep it away from open flame and not to use it to make candle holders. Oops! Jean came to the rescue with battery-operated tealights, and luckily we had a small class (only 5 kids). They had a great time making their diyas and coloring rangoli designs with chalk. After class Sean picked up Kate and they went back over the mountain to pick up Alex while I stayed at the UU for Visiting Steward training. As part of their annual budget drive this year, they asked if I would visit with 4 people to talk about what the UU means to them. The training took a little longer than I thought, and I didn't get home until 4. The rest of the day was mostly spent reading (I needed SOME down time), but also making dinner and cleaning the carpet where Betty had her accidents earlier in the week.
Back to work today, for a little R&R sitting at my desk. :)
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment