Friday, November 03, 2006
My knees have been hurting me lately - gradually getting worse over the past year or so. I finally went to the doctor today, and she thinks the culprit is my regular participation in step aerobics. She said step is really hard on the knees, and since this corresponds with when I started doing step regularly, I think she's probably right. But I'm really bummed, because I like step and have a great routine, going at lunch with my friend and co-worker, Andrea. She gave me some exercises to help tighten up the knee joint but said I should find a new exercise. She thinks there's probably cartilage damage that will take a year or so to heal. Shoot. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh, no! I think it's totally unfair that something good for you (exercise) can really be hurting you. :(
Take care of yourself,though.
Hey, have you tried pilates? I think you'd said you had... not as social as step, I suppose.
I know - I'm in better shape than I've ever been, and now I have to stop. Ugh. My knees are actually quite sore from walking around NYC yesterday - lots of steps going up and down the subway and in buildings, too. I have done pilates. I really like the one offered at the Y, but it's expensive. The one offered through Penn State wasn't so great - I just tried it this fall. It's good for strength training, but I want some aerobic exercise, too.
Post a Comment