Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving was fun but quiet this year. At the Thanksgiving table, we only had 10, instead of the usual 22! It was nice to actually eat Thanksgiving dinner with the children, though. Sarah, Ellen, Zoe and Grace ate with us at Mom & Dad's, and Matt, Lisa, Jason and Jenna came on Friday. Kate never left Grace's side (except when I forced her to go home to sleep). At one point she said she loved Grace more than me! They really had a lot of fun together, even helping make fruit salad for Thanksgiving dinner (see picture).



The big Thanksgiving hit with the older kids this year was linerider. Alex and Jason worked hard at getting the little guy to ride through long complicated tracks, while Zoe's strategy was to see how many interesting ways he could crash. Lisa, Jenna, Kate and I had some nice shopping time downtown on Friday afternoon - it was such a nice, warm weekend. On Saturday we all went out to pick out a tree for Mom and Dad, and I ended up getting one, too. It's the first time we've gotten a real tree - I've always wanted one but couldn't justify the price. Anyway, I hope it holds up for a month! I wasn't really thinking about how early Thankgiving was this year when I got it. Alex and Kate had fun filling the tree with ornaments last night.

1 comment:

bfmomma said...

awww.... why so much smaller of a thanksgiving? I love having everyone around, but sometimes small is nice, too. (We had 7)

I've never heard of the linerider, but it looks cool!

and I need to post our Xmas tree decorating pics, too. Alex and Kate look great!