Sunday, December 24, 2006


Christmas Eve Gift!

The kids are very excited about Christmas tomorrow, although Kate's not feeling too great. She had a low grade fever last night and complained of a tummy ache all day. Let's hope it doesn't turn into something more. Alex spent last night at Pablo's, but won't celebrate anything with him until Three Kings Day (January 6), which is a celebrated holiday in Puerto Rico.

Alex, Kate and I went to a small but nice celebration of the Winter Solstice at the UU on Thursday night - it was fun to celebrate the longest night of the year and the return of the light with others. Two of Kate's Sunday-school friends were there, too, and the three of them had a great time running around together.

Tonight we're going to pick up sushi for dinner and then go to the UU's Christmas Eve service at 7. Then tomorrow we're having my parents over for dinner. I'm making my first Christmas dinner ever (hopefully I won't poison anyone!). We're having pork tenderloin, carmelized butternut squash, mashed potatoes, green beans with cranberries, and pear & walnut salad with raspberry vinaigrette.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, and I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments: