I haven't had much time to update lately. Work has been crazy...doing follow up with the one dedication and getting ready for the next at the same time. Less than 2 weeks until Food Science, and our guest list keeps growing - we'll have about 500, as compared to about 300 for Forestry. Anyway...leaving work things don't get much calmer as we continue to try to manage everyone's schedules with one vehicle. Just trying to have enough time to get Kate dropped off before work and picked up after work isn't challenging enough - we mix things up a bit by me volunteering at the hospital Monday nights, Kate's dance classes Tuesday nights, Sean working Thursday nights, and Alex going to youth group every other Thursday night. The real challenge is when we have something additional to do, like tomorrow's back-to-school night for Alex. I'll take the bus to the hospital (as usual) at 5, Sean will pick up Kate and Alex and drop them off at my parents house, then my Dad will pick me up and take me and the kids home at 8, Sean will come home at 9. High school back-to-school nights are exhausting, since you have 8 class periods to get through in 2 hours. I'm sure Sean will be beat at the end of the night (he is anyway!).
With all this craziness, I was able to get a much needed Mom's night out last night. It was the first night I've ever been away from Kate all night. A friend of mine was in Harrisburg for a conference so we hung out - went out to eat and watched The Devil Wears Prada. Nothing too crazy, but it was so nice to get out. The next big leap will be on Friday the 13th in October - Sean is planning a surprise weekend away, and my parents will keep both kids. 2 nights, 2 days! I can't even remember the last time Sean and I had that much time alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! What a great surprise treat away!
Post a Comment